Off to a good start

Last night Meg and I met my dad at the Nissan dealership. Dad did all the haggling and Meg was there to provide a play by play to my mom (via text messages) and to remind me to breathe (she's awesome like that!). 3 hours later and I finally had the keys in my hand. Of course, the salesman wouldn't let us leave until he gave us a rundown of the car's features, programmed the navigation system and connected my phone to the bluetooth (I was going to kill him, but Meg told me to relax!)

On the way home I couldn't help but look at Meg and smile. We bought the perfect car for our future (2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SR Special Edition)

I can just imagine the car seat in the back...Perhaps this is an omen of good things to come!!!












Aside from the car, another positive of spending the night at the dealership was that it helped Meg and I not to snack. With each of us down a pound this morning, I'd say our week is definitely off to a good start!

How did you like the oatmeal? Meg made it this morning for breakfast. It was so good yesterday that I requested it again! 

Today's recipe is another one of our favorites...(We're making it for lunch tomorrow) 

Roasted Vegetable Pizza
2 cups broccoli florets
1 large red bell pepper (sliced)
1 large Portobello mushroom (sliced)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of olive oil (can use more or less depending on the amount of veggies you use)
5 ounces organic baby spinach
2 whole grain tortillas/wraps
1/2 cup pasta sauce
2 ounces shredded soy cheese or skim-milk cheese (We use daiya cheese...it's amazing!!!)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Toss broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms with garlic powder,olive oil, and salt. Roast vegetables on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes, turning occasionally and mounting to keep from drying out (We saute them for a few minutes instead) Add spinach. Cook until just wilted.

Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on tortilla, sprinkle soy cheese, and distribute roasted vegetables evenly on top.

Bake until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly brown around edges (we like to put the tortilla in for a few minutes while the vegetables are roasting. It gives it more of a crunch!)

YUM!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician