Insemination Day: Take Two

When we first arrived, Meg signed in. A few minutes later, the nurse called Megan's name and asked if she was having an IUI. She asked if our sample was in the office. (I started to freak out.) We told her it was shipped and she went back to check. She came back a minute later and said it was thawing. What a relief!!!

We waited in the waiting room for roughly 30 minutes. We were focused on our brain puzzle book, so it went by quickly!!! When we were finally called back to the room, I took pictures and Meg assumed her position on the table. I kept saying, "This is it. Don't get scared now" (from Home Alone) and Meg threatened to kill me! LOL!

The doctor came in and said our guy's sperm count looked fantastic (I asked if they said that to everyone. Turns out, they don't!) A sperm count between 20-30 million is typically ideal, while a poor sample would be less than 20 million and 10% motility. Our donor's count was 50 million and 40% motility!!! 50 million is an insane about of sperm! I can't believe that it doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. I mean, it only takes 1!!!

Meg did really well this time. The speculum hurt her, but we talked about our plans for the beach this weekend and before we knew it the doctor was finished. The entire procedure took less than 5 minutes! (I took pictures of the clock to document!)

Meg relaxed on the table for 10 minutes. You'd be happy to know that I didn't cry this time.

We paid our co-pay, scheduled the pregnancy test for July 20th, and walked out like it was just another day.

We went out for breakfast afterwards and have now settled down on the couch. I made Meg put her feet up. (The sperm was inserted into her cervix and won't spill out, but we need all the help we can get!!!)

We're definitely more relaxed this time around. Don't get me wrong, I'm unbelievably excited that this could be "the one", but I think we have come to the realization that if it doesn't work this time, we'll try again next month!

We're hoping we can keep this attitude throughout the next two weeks. The REAL FUN starts right now!

Before 

The goods

The enemy (a drawer filled with speculums)

the table

Right before the doctor came in

A little anxious!

She was going to kill me if I didn't stop trying to take pictures (she even told me so!)


IUI complete

Time to relax

Notice her legs are propped up!!!

Comments

  1. Hahaha!

    Love that you are blogging about the procedure and I love the pictures.

    I have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm telling you...she wanted to kill me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician