Skip to main content

Not So Crabby

Despite getting another BFN (big fat negative) this morning, Meg and I were able to enjoy today's crabbing trip.

We packed lunches and drove to Belmar, NJ with my Papa, my cousin Lauren and her friend, Seamus. We boarded the boat a little after 11:30 and didn't get home until after 5!

Meg was a little apprehensive (she was worried she would get seasick), but she did great. She had such a great time. She even put the bait on her own lines (gross, right?) and caught about 20 of the 30 crabs!!! (beginners luck!)

We took a boat ride on the ocean. I almost died (not really, but I did wipe out and fall to the bottom of the boat...twice!) Meg couldn't stop laughing.

Papa threw down the anchor so we could all go for a swim. Naturally, I freaked out (it was really shallow and I didn't want to touch the bottom!!!) BUT, it was fun.

We crabbed some more before heading home. Meg was netting crabs left and right and the all of the sudden I heard something. I turned around and she was in the water. SHE FELL OVERBOARD!!! Fortunately, she didn't get hurt! (go can laugh. we did!)

All in all, I'd say we had a pretty good day. It was good to get away and get out of our heads for a couple of hours.

Of course, it only lasted until we got back into the car to come home and Meg told me she was having cramps. I'm hoping it doesn't mean AF ("aunt flow") is on her way.

We bought more pregnancy tests and will test again tomorrow. Cross your fingers...


Popular posts from this blog

10 weeks

Today we had our last appointment at RMA. It was bittersweet. We were able to spend some much needed time with Doctor Castlebaum. I know I have said it before, but he's seriously fantastic! 
The baby was moving all over the place. It was all amazing! 

We left something for them to remember us...

We will miss them dearly!

Our terrifying 20 week anatomy scan

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Tuesday. Meg was actually 21 weeks. We told the ultrasound technician that we didn’t want to know the sex. The baby wasn’t cooperating, but we watched as she took pictures of the brain, spine, heart, etc. Everything looked good...or so we thought.
After the ultrasound we went into a different room for our appointment. The nurse practitioner checked the baby’s heartbeat (165) and asked Meg how she was feeling. 
Megan told her that she’s still feeling nauseous and is still taking diclegis at night.
All of the sudden the nurse practitioner nonchalantly handed me a paper and said “the ultrasound technician found a nodule on the baby’s neck. The doctor wants you to call this number and schedule an appointment with a perinatal specialist.”
On the back of the paper it had information about maternal screening and Down syndrome. I asked the nurse practitioner if they thought the baby had Down syndrome and she said it was just a sheet of paper with hospital phone …

Everything is better when you're at the beach

Four years ago Megan and I brought Avery to Ocean City, New Jersey for a mini family vacation. There, we tested positive (on Day 10) with Harper. We were surrounded by friends and family and minus the fact that Avery got her first bad ear infection and the trip ended with us in a NJ emergency room, it was perfect.
Today is Day 10 and again we are in Ocean City with family and friends. We went to bed REALLY late. I had a hard time falling asleep and when I did I had dreams about testing. Harper just woke me up to go to the bathroom (she rarely does that). It's 3:20AM Megan just took a pregnancy test and the results are in...