Thursday, July 21, 2011

Odds Are, We'll win...(Eventually)

After we got news of our second negative beta we started toying with the idea of switching donors (and sperm banks). We had to blame something/someone...it was the only thing to ease our frustration; however, we've decided to give our guy another shot (unless the doctor advises otherwise)

I did some research and talked to some wise people on babycenter and it seems as though our donor's numbers are where they need to be. With only a 5-20% of getting pregnant, the odds are stacked against us. The odds don't change from cycle to cycle, but we're trying to focus our energy on the fact that we will eventually win the game (hopefully sooner than later).

AF made her appearance shortly after we got the call yesterday, so we're back in business. We go back to the doctors tomorrow morning for the next set of ultrasounds and blood work.

I'm interested to hear what he has to say, but if I had to guess, he'll most likely make a witty remark about us being nice lesbians and say that it's just a matter of time. (He's very truthful!)

1 comment: