If My Life Were A Movie...

If my life were a movie Meg and I would already be dancing to "This Will Be.." (while staring at a positive pregnancy test).

Don't judge. I know what you're thinking. You're probably saying, "Really? That's what your movie would be? Kind of lame, Jen."

But the truth is that ever since Meg and I got together I've dreamt that our moment would be like Ellen's and Sharon Stone's in If These Walls Could Talk 2. You know, the kind of moment where you're filled with so much joy that you don't know whether you should laugh or cry (or just dance!)

It's 8dpiui and Meg and I find ourselves getting closer and closer to taking a pregnancy test and I am absolutely terrified. Life isn't a movie. There are no guarantees. We've justified every "symptom" and the stomach pain that Meg has felt for the last three days could be just indigestion or a virus. We just don't know.

There's a part of me that thinks this is it, but then I worry what if it isn't? How many times will Meg want to go through this?

She has been acting like a "Negative Nancy" since day 1. She gets teary eyed and emphatically says, "I'm not pregnant." (I know it's just because she has her hopes up and doesn't want to be disappointed again)

There is nothing either of us can do to change the outcome. We just have to cross our fingers and hope for a miracle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician