LONNNNNG Day!

Today was a lonnng day...I woke up an hour before my alarm and had a hard time falling back to sleep.

Meg called me around 7 (right before she was about to leave) to tell me that two stray kittens were hiding under her car...

Long story short, our neighbor is a crazy cat lady! She gets a thrill out of feeding stray cats despite the fact that they procreate exponentially. It's a real problem.

Don't get me wrong, I love kittens. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that Meg and I were trying to catch them in pillow cases and send them to good homes (we rescued several of them!)

Anyhow, "mommy cat" had a litter of 3 kittens. They're still very young, but old enough to wonder and evidently climb under Meg's car.

Meg managed to scare the one away, but couldn't find the second kitten. She swore that it was underneath her car, so she got down on her hands and knees to search. She honked the horn, stomped around the car...nothing. She turned the car on...still nothing.

It wasn't until she drove a few miles that she saw the kitten roll out from under her car in her rearview mirror. She didn't hit it, but she was hysterical. I couldn't even make out what she was saying.

Fast forward a few hours...we drove by the area where the kitten rolled out and saw no evidence of "foul play." We're hoping that it rolled off into the woods (after it got over the initial shock) or someone saw it and picked him/her up)

Either way, Meg is ok and her car wasn't impacted.

On a happier note, my childhood friend just stopped over to give Meg and I a bunch of pregnancy/parenting magazines, outfits, a book about pregnancy, and a baby due date countdown. (Thanks so much, Mariss!!!)

The baby due date countdown thingamajig is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I programmed today's date and the baby's due date (April 25th) and it's counting down the seconds...only 225 days left!

Can't wait to see the little teddy graham tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Oh no! I understand why she would get upset about that.

    One time my friend was taking her kitten to the vet and it crawled up underneath her dashboard of her jeep and got stuck between the dash and the engine and she had to have a mechanic take the dashboard apart to retrieve the kitten. It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician