Home Sweet Home

I wanted to post this last night, but by the time we got home I was absolutely exhausted...Meg and I spent the weekend in Long Beach Island, NJ. It was great! The waves were crazy rough! We spent time with 6 of our friends and my parents and grandparents. It was the perfect way to end the summer.

We decided to come home yesterday (Sunday) so that we would have Monday to relax and get some work done before starting school. We left around 11 o'clock and made it home before 1. Meg and I were so excited to have the whole day together.

I made us some leftover pasta for lunch and we sat down to catch up on Big Brother. I decided to take out my laptop and get some work stuff done (I'm awesome at multitasking, lol, not really, but I try!). I noticed the battery was low, so I got up to get the charger. I searched through my bag. It wasn't there. Naturally, I started to panic. "Meg, did you grab my charger?" "No, why?"

I couldn't believe it. Meg reminded everyone 3 times to grab their chargers (our friend forgot her cell phone charger this time last year) but I never once thought to check to see if I had my laptop charger.

Needless to say, we got back in the car and drove 2 hours in both directions. Meg gets car sick normally, but "morning sickness" makes it much worse. I told her she didn't have to come with me, but she refused to listen.

We had a nice time talking, but it was rough. I've never been happier to be home! (If only I could have clicked my heals three times instead of driving a bazillion miles!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician