Skip to main content

Home Sweet Home

I wanted to post this last night, but by the time we got home I was absolutely exhausted...Meg and I spent the weekend in Long Beach Island, NJ. It was great! The waves were crazy rough! We spent time with 6 of our friends and my parents and grandparents. It was the perfect way to end the summer.

We decided to come home yesterday (Sunday) so that we would have Monday to relax and get some work done before starting school. We left around 11 o'clock and made it home before 1. Meg and I were so excited to have the whole day together.

I made us some leftover pasta for lunch and we sat down to catch up on Big Brother. I decided to take out my laptop and get some work stuff done (I'm awesome at multitasking, lol, not really, but I try!). I noticed the battery was low, so I got up to get the charger. I searched through my bag. It wasn't there. Naturally, I started to panic. "Meg, did you grab my charger?" "No, why?"

I couldn't believe it. Meg reminded everyone 3 times to grab their chargers (our friend forgot her cell phone charger this time last year) but I never once thought to check to see if I had my laptop charger.

Needless to say, we got back in the car and drove 2 hours in both directions. Meg gets car sick normally, but "morning sickness" makes it much worse. I told her she didn't have to come with me, but she refused to listen.

We had a nice time talking, but it was rough. I've never been happier to be home! (If only I could have clicked my heals three times instead of driving a bazillion miles!)


Popular posts from this blog

10 weeks

Today we had our last appointment at RMA. It was bittersweet. We were able to spend some much needed time with Doctor Castlebaum. I know I have said it before, but he's seriously fantastic! 
The baby was moving all over the place. It was all amazing! 

We left something for them to remember us...

We will miss them dearly!

Our terrifying 20 week anatomy scan

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Tuesday. Meg was actually 21 weeks. We told the ultrasound technician that we didn’t want to know the sex. The baby wasn’t cooperating, but we watched as she took pictures of the brain, spine, heart, etc. Everything looked good...or so we thought.
After the ultrasound we went into a different room for our appointment. The nurse practitioner checked the baby’s heartbeat (165) and asked Meg how she was feeling. 
Megan told her that she’s still feeling nauseous and is still taking diclegis at night.
All of the sudden the nurse practitioner nonchalantly handed me a paper and said “the ultrasound technician found a nodule on the baby’s neck. The doctor wants you to call this number and schedule an appointment with a perinatal specialist.”
On the back of the paper it had information about maternal screening and Down syndrome. I asked the nurse practitioner if they thought the baby had Down syndrome and she said it was just a sheet of paper with hospital phone …

Everything is better when you're at the beach

Four years ago Megan and I brought Avery to Ocean City, New Jersey for a mini family vacation. There, we tested positive (on Day 10) with Harper. We were surrounded by friends and family and minus the fact that Avery got her first bad ear infection and the trip ended with us in a NJ emergency room, it was perfect.
Today is Day 10 and again we are in Ocean City with family and friends. We went to bed REALLY late. I had a hard time falling asleep and when I did I had dreams about testing. Harper just woke me up to go to the bathroom (she rarely does that). It's 3:20AM Megan just took a pregnancy test and the results are in...