Skip to main content


First off, I apologize for the teaser yesterday (it was pretty mean of me!). I fully intended to blog more, but I was too exhausted by the time we got home from the beach.

We spent the day in Long Beach Island with a few of our close friends. We played in the ocean and ate a lot of food!!! I boogie boarded and Meg relaxed and read. (she did come in the ocean to swim and float for a little) It was awesome!!!

Sadly, Meg and I didn't get a picture together. We actually didn't take many pictures at all. Guess my mind was focused elsewhere. (I can't tell you how many times I randomly interjected with "Megan is pregnant." lol)

It's so surreal. Meg took another test this morning because we didn't believe it. I have to admit I was afraid it wouldn't show up, but it did!!! I have a feeling this pregnancy is going to make me even more neurotic!!!

Rewind to Friday...Meg and I went shopping for school clothes (Meg is student teaching, yay!!). We were in the dressing room and I commented on how large Meg's boobs looked. When we got home Meg said her boobs felt sore. She stared at them in the mirror and concluded that they were definitely bigger. I laughed it off. I mean seriously how can your boobs grow in 9 days???

That night we met our new friends (whom we met through babycenter) in New Hope for dinner and fireworks. We were asking them about their symptoms and when they started testing. They said the biggest indicators were mood swings and sore boobs. We talked about how miserable Meg was and laughed briefly about the milk story!

Now, up until this point, Meg and I had agreed to wait until Day 11 to test. We figured we could buy a 3 pack of tests and test day 11, 12, 13 and then go in for our beta on day 14. But, after talking with our friends  we adopted the notion, "why wouldn't it work?" We decided to stop at Giant on the way home. We bought a 3 pack and a 2 pack of first response tests. Meg asked if she could take one. I was a little reluctant seeing that she had just peed 20 minutes earlier, but I agreed. It was negative.

I think that was the first BFN that didn't upset me. I don't know if it was the imprints from Meg's bra (clearly it was too tight) or the fact that she was downright nasty for 4+ days, the result didn't phase me. We talked for a few minutes, kissed goodnight, and went to sleep.

The next morning the alarm went off at 5:30 (we were waking up early to drive to the beach). We stayed in bed until 5:45. I knew Meg was going to take a test, so I offered to take the dogs out. I took my time getting downstairs thinking that I had a good couple of minutes.

All of the sudden I heard Meg screaming my name. "Jen!! Jen!!! I think I see a line!!!" I called out, "what?" At this point, I've completely forgotten about the dogs and am running upstairs. I ran into the bathroom and the two of us stared at the strip for what felt like the longest minute of my life. There was clearly a line. Not a faint line that I've read about. It was a perfect pink line. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to say or do. I just grabbed Meg and we hugged the tightest hug you could ever imagine.

Meg's face was glowing. Her eyes were glistening. She was ecstatic. She couldn't stop screaming. I sincerely think she woke up our neighbors!!! I was in shock.

She started calling (and waking up) some of our closest friends; the ones that have seen us through this entire process. I did the same. Every time we hung up we would run up to each other and hug. We finally danced to "this will be."

It was better than any movie scene ever written. It was real...very real.

First BFP!!! 


Best $30 ever spent!!!


  1. Congrats again!!! So exciting when it happens for one of us since we have to work so hard at it! lol

    About the mood swings maybe it is a good sign that Nikki has been so ill lately!!!! And today she says her boobs hurt with every step... Like she was used as a punching bag!!!

    I guess there is hope yet! :)

  2. Thanks, the are you guys holding up?

    lilheels- sounds promising to me!!! when do you test?

  3. We will test tomorrow... it will be day 10 for us...... FX!!! :)

  4. So exciting...I hope this is the one for you girls too!!! Keep me posted!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our terrifying 20 week anatomy scan

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Tuesday. Meg was actually 21 weeks. We told the ultrasound technician that we didn’t want to know the sex. The baby wasn’t cooperating, but we watched as she took pictures of the brain, spine, heart, etc. Everything looked good...or so we thought.
After the ultrasound we went into a different room for our appointment. The nurse practitioner checked the baby’s heartbeat (165) and asked Meg how she was feeling. 
Megan told her that she’s still feeling nauseous and is still taking diclegis at night.
All of the sudden the nurse practitioner nonchalantly handed me a paper and said “the ultrasound technician found a nodule on the baby’s neck. The doctor wants you to call this number and schedule an appointment with a perinatal specialist.”
On the back of the paper it had information about maternal screening and Down syndrome. I asked the nurse practitioner if they thought the baby had Down syndrome and she said it was just a sheet of paper with hospital phone …

Our Announcement

Many people have known about the baby since the beginning. Today we made the pregnancy Facebook official...

10 weeks

Today we had our last appointment at RMA. It was bittersweet. We were able to spend some much needed time with Doctor Castlebaum. I know I have said it before, but he's seriously fantastic! 
The baby was moving all over the place. It was all amazing! 

We left something for them to remember us...

We will miss them dearly!