Lucky number 3

I've never been a fan of carrying a rabbit's foot. I refuse to spend my entire life searching for four leaf clovers. I despise ladybugs (all bugs, really). I don't have a special pair of underwear or socks. I will admit that I have been known to, on occasion, pick up pennies (only if heads up). The truth is that the only "good luck" charm to have ever served me well is the number 3.

In high school, I used to sport a pendant of the number 3 on a necklace. It was the number on my basketball jersey. (I used to be so superstitious that I would bounce the ball three times before shooting a foul shot!)

So yea, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited that our third insemination took place on August 3rd.

We arrived at our appointment a little before 7:30. Meg checked in and told them she was there for an IUI. We ate breakfast (english muffins, woo hoo!) and attempted to solve more of the mystery picture puzzles (did I mention how much I hate these??). It was getting close to the 30 minute mark, so Meg went to use the bathroom. All of the sudden I heard a timer buzz. Our guys were thawed! I leaned over to Meg and said, "This is it. Don't get scared now!"

The nurse called us back into the room and asked Meg to confirm the donor's number. Meg had a minute or two to get situated before the doctor came in. (and yes, I managed to sneak a picture!) He also asked Meg to confirm the donor. He then told us the sample looked great. Our donor supplied 60 million swimmers with 40% motility (last time it was only 50 million and 40% motility) Hopefully the 10 million increase included one Michael Phelps sperm who is ready for the swim of his life!!!

The doctor told Meg to lie back. He asked us what we were going to do with the rest of our day and within minutes it was finished. Meg did great! I took her to the White Dog Cafe to celebrate. It was delicious! We then came home and relaxed.

I don't know about Meg, but I have weird butterflies in my belly that I can't shake (maybe it's the cheeseburger...I haven't eaten red meat in a very long time). No, but seriously, I feel very anxious. I'm not trying to get my hopes up or get ahead of myself, but...

It has to work this time. I mean, come on, EVERYONE has heard of (and used) the phrase "Third Time's A Charm." This is the way it was meant to happen. I'm convinced...

Before we left for our appointment

the swimmers
















All done!!









Hopefully this is NOT our donor...what a perv!

Comments

  1. Hey Jen, Hope the 2ww is going well this time. Hang in there, and keep us posted. You seem a lot more calm this go around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you figured out how to post!!! So exciting. I am calm (for now), but tomorrow is only day 2. I'll definitely keep you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third time worked for us!! Good luck! We'll be sending sticky implantation baby thoughts to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, KC!!! We need them!!! :-D (congratulations to the two of you!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician