Avery's Choice

Let me just preface this blog by telling you that Meg edited the following poem to make it perfect for me. She is not the original author, but I absolutely love it!

Avery's Choice

Did you ever think, dear mom
as you slowly watched me grow
in all your dreams about me
with big pink bows
when you planned me out so well
when you couldn't wait to have me there
inside your arms and heart to dwell

Did you ever think that maybe
I was planning for you too
And choosing for my very own
a mom just like you
A mom who is sweet and
who will always hold me tight
A tender, loving person
who would be with me day and night?

Did you ever think in all those days
while I was growing too
that as you planned a life for me
I sought a life with you?

And now as I grow each and every day
I wonder if you knew
while you were busy loving me
I was choosing you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician