Anniversary

I can still remember the day. It was October 13th, 2007. Meg and I were surrounded by our closest friends (many of which had to drive 8+ hours to get to Cape Cod, MA).

We ate breakfast together before parting ways. Meg went to get her hair done with the girls and I walked around Provincetown with the guys (and Trish and Tammy) searching for the perfect wedding present...

About two hours before the ceremony, the two Matts, Trish and Tammy and I started raking the beach and setting up the aisle of fall leaves. It took a little longer than expected...who knew that sand would be cold and hard in October???

Consequently, we had to rush back to the hotel to get ready. Tammy made some last minute alterations to my tux (apparently I didn't have belt loops...whoops!) and we headed out to pose for pictures in the garden.

As I stood barefoot on the beach, I looked back at the boats swaying gently on the bay. It was the perfect day to get married (minus the obnoxiously loud seagulls).

The music started to play cuing our bridal party to start walking down the street and onto the beach. My heart fluttered with excitement. I couldn't wait to see Meg. The song ended. It was just about time...

As she rounded the corner I couldn't hold back the tears. Her dress, her eyes, her smile, her hair...she was absolutely breathtaking.

I walked up to her and grabbed her hand. We walked the rest of the way together (never letting go of one another) As we exchanged our vows a crowd of strangers gathered to watch. We spoke of our fortune cookies from our first date...Mine said, "Your dearest dream is coming true." Meg's said, "Try it. You may like it."

It is now four years later and my dreams continue to come true...Happy Anniversary, sweetheart! I love you more than ever!!















Special thanks to everyone for loving and supporting us throughout the past 8 years and throughout our ttc journey...it means the world to us!

Comments

  1. omg I can't believe it was 4 years ago. Lexi just turned 11 yesterday and looking at this picture to now. What a change we have all made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician