Breaking dawn, target, dreams, and pet peeves...

Wow, so it's been a while! I often find myself thinking, "I should blog about this," but then life gets in the way and I forget.

So, yea, this is my attempt to fill you in on what's been happening...

Meg and I went to see Breaking Dawn yesterday with Meg's mom. It was absolutely fantastic! Afterwards, we stopped at Target to pick up a few things.

Naturally, Meg wandered into the maternity section and started looking at the winter coats. I asked her if she was going to try one on. Out of nowhere a target team member approached us and said "this is the maternity section." Meg turned around, breathed fire, and said, "I know. I'm pregnant."

I couldn't help, but laugh. Clearly the woman was just trying to help. She couldn't see/tell Meg was pregnant (Meg was wearing a black Northface jacket and a scarf and had her back to her) but Meg got so offended. She even started getting all teary eyed in the food section (can you say hormones?!)

Meg couldn't get over why the woman would think she was dumb enough to look through clothes under the giant maternity sign when she's not pregnant. She claimed this mistake is just as bad as when people ask strangers when they're due (when they're not even pregnant).

I guess she has a point. LOL! It's even funnier that we have a family friend who is infamous for asking women when they're due. Talk about awkward!

Ok, fast forward to this morning...here's where the breaking dawn reference comes into play. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read the books (or seen the movie)...there's a scene where Bella touches her belly and you can see the "baby" kick.

Up until this point, Meg claims to have no clue as to the gender of our baby (most people are incorrect on their suspicions anyway) BUT Meg had a dream last night that the baby kicked and the baby's penis protruded from her belly. Disturbing, I know, but maybe it means we're having a boy?

Ok, fast forward some more. We spent most of the morning cleaning out the baby's room and organizing piles of things to go into the attic, things to get donated, things to go into the trash, etc. The closet is almost empty and even houses a few baby outfits (which we got as gifts). It's getting there...

This afternoon was spent baking together. We made some kickass banana crumb muffins and some disappointing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (they can't compete with Mom's pumpkin bread).

While cleaning up the kitchen, I went to feed Meg a little piece of leftover muffin. She informed me that she HATES when I do that. I was so confused (it's not like I make a habit of feeding her!) She, of course, blamed it on her pregnancy. But, can pet peeves just form out of nowhere?

I went to give her a sip of water a few minutes later and she just glared at me. She told me that if she wanted water she would get herself water. A moment later I turned around to a chocolate chip in my face.."how do YOU like it", she asked?

I laughed and said, "Wow, I was frightened!"

Now (after reading this blog to her) I'm cracking up because the fire breathing dragon is screaming, "Oh my gosh! You DO make a habit of feeding me!!!"

I think it's safe to say that laughter is the key to surviving pregnancy!

Comments

  1. Oh, man. This post had me cracking up.

    Watch out for those hormones, they seem tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I laughed too. My mom told me she laughed so hard she cried!

    Meg made a comment last night about how her nicknames have transformed...started as voldemort then dementor and has now become a fire breathing dragon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician