It has been 7 days since the birth of our beautiful little girl and I've already learned so much...Here are the highlights so far...
1. I've learned how to change a wet diaper.
2. Keeping with number 1, I've learned that if I don't change Avery's diaper fast enough or if I try to change her before she fully wakes up Avery will pee on me! (definitely not just a boy thing!)
3. I've learned how to change a poopy diaper.
4. Keeping with number 3, I've learned that Avery can (and will) projectile poop if I don't change her diaper fast enough (happened twice so far!)
5. I've learned how to swaddle Avery (Meg is still much better at this than I am!)
6. I've learned how to make a bottle.
7. I've learned how to burp Avery..I'm kind of an expert!
8. I've learned how to tell when Avery is hungry (she does this weird thing with her tongue...Meg calls it rooting...I call it "Barney Crouch-ing"...after the guy in Harry Potter Goblet of Fire!)
9. I've learned how to help Meg's breast milk dry up (I had to help Meg put on two sports bras...I then
wrapped her tightly in an ace bandage...gave her ice and motrin, and finally put cabbage leaves down her bra!)
10. I've learned that sleep is overrated.
Most importantly, I've learned that Avery makes my love for Megan stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, our home happier, our clothes dirtier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.