3+ years later...

I recently deactivated my Facebook. I need to find another outlet (I need a place to share all of my pictures) so I figured I might as well try blogging again. 

A LOT has changed since the last post...

Mackenzie turns 3 in less than a month. She is the perfect blend of Avery and Harper. She is small but she is fierce. She wants to do everything her big sisters do. She is obsessed with Paw Patrol and knows exactly how to get anything that she wants!

Harper will be 7 in April. She is in 1st grade at a cyber school. She is doing really well academically. Harper is a challenge behaviorally. She knows how to push our buttons and no matter how many times we tell her to sit right she still manages to fall out of her chair at least once a day. Harper is an amazing dancer but is too shy to show the world. She has a lot of anxiety as a result of medical trauma (she has had way too many broken bones). We recently found out that she has a milk allergy in addition to her peanut and egg allergies. On a positive note, she seems to have finally outgrown her FPIES. Harper has this unique ability of making people feel special. She is thoughtful and caring and you can always count on her for a good laugh. 

Avery will be 9 in May. She is in 3rd grade at the same cyber school as Harper. She has struggled with dyslexia the past couple years but has made so much growth this year. We found out she has some vision inefficiencies so she does vision therapy to strengthen her eyes. She gets frequent headaches (when she over exerts herself) so we have to remind her to take breaks. Avery is an AWESOME big sister. She is nurturing and respectful. She loves to play video games and make forts in her room. She is obsessed with American Girl dolls and spends hours just setting everything up.

As for Megan and me, we just finished celebrating another 14 Days of Valentine's Day. The theme was love languages and it was pretty epic. My favorite gift was the gift of quality time. We were able to go away for a night in New Hope. I was sick so we just watched movies, ate (way too much) food, and relaxed. The view of the Delaware River was extraordinary! The company was nice too :-)

Megan is teaching 2nd grade Math and Science at the girls' cyber school. I am an Assistant Principal there as well. Being home together is a gift. Though I seldom walk away from my desk, I love knowing that they're close by!

Myles isn't a puppy anymore. He is an old man (not really but he acts like it). He is tall and skinny and LOVES water. He will stand by his bowl and wait for someone (usually Megan) to give him a refill. Over the summer we got a Saint Bernard puppy. His name is George. He is huge and handsome. He is also extremely naughty! He loves water too! He helps himself to the water from the fridge!!! Panda is a cat. He rules the house and lives a life of luxury. 

In a recent turn of events Megan let me trade in our family SUV for my dream car. We now have a camry as our family car and a 2020 black Chevy Camaro as our second vehicle. The car sports a license frame that says Beast (throwback to when I wrote the blog post suggesting Avery call me that)

I'm now realizing that it is virtually impossible to summarize all of the events that have happened over the past 3+ years. I'll figure out a way to document everything in time. For now, here are some of our most recent memories...



Comments

  1. Great to see you re-joining the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great writer. You did an awesome job capturing the status of your family over the past 3 years!❤❤❤❤❤🐾🐾 😺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician