First Date

For the past 8 weeks Meg and I have spent every waking moment with Avery.  This afternoon we dropped Avery off at my mom's house and headed out for a date. 

Don't get too excited...it was far from a wine and dine experience..

Our first date consisted of organic pizza and a trip to our local used bookstore (Meg LOVES books). We called in our order before setting foot in the store, so we figured we had about 15 minutes to spend browsing the books.

Before we knew it, we both had stacks of books in our hands and had spent more than 20 minutes searching. All of the sudden, I realized I left my wallet at home. 

Long story short, our 15 minute date turned into an hour because we had to run home to grab my wallet, stop to pick up the books at the bookstore (and the new Jason Mraz CD) and then drive back to pick up the munchkin.

When we arrived at my mom's house, Avery was sound asleep in her pack n play. We put her in the carseat, drove to pick up the pizza and then returned home. 

It was a monumental day. Meg and I had a great time. It felt good to reconnect! 

The best part was when Meg informed me that I'm not off the hook for planning romantic events in the future. 

On a different note, I've been uploading pictures of Avery on facebook like it's my job, but haven't been as faithful with blogging. So, here are a few of our favorite pictures.


















Avery is doing great. She's smiling and babbling regularly now (Meg's even heard a few "giggles") She goes for her 2 month check up on July 6th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician