Amoxicillin, Xmas Shopping, and Stalking Sneezes (19 week photos)


So, the doctor called on Friday...Meg has strep throat. He put her on amoxicillin. She has to take it 3 times a day for 10 days. We were nervous about how the strep/antibiotic would affect the baby, but the pharmacist AND the doctor assured us that everything would be okay.

Meg and I went to Peddler's Village this weekend. We had dinner at Sweet Lorraine's (we were given a $25 restaurant.com gift certificate). It's not organic, but they offer a free range chicken on the menu, so I figured I would be safe eating there. The food was delicious and I didn't have any problems.

After dinner we walked around. We weren't able to find a Christmas ornament, but we did buy a few presents. All the stores were lit up. It was so beautiful. We stopped to take some pictures...



















Meg has been feeling the baby kick for a few weeks now (some days more than others). I haven't been able to feel him yet (yes, we have been using that pronoun...though we won't know officially until Friday) because Meg can't predict when he is going to move.

That being said, I've noticed that she often feels the baby move after she sneezes (she sneezes at least once a day since she can't take her allergy medicine).

This morning, while getting ready to go visit our friends, Meg sneezed. Finally, the moment I'd been waiting for! I leapt across the room and put my hands on her stomach. Meg was a little confused and scared, lol. Naturally, I asked if she felt him. She told me she didn't feel anything because she was scared for her life. Whoops!

We spent the day walking the Bridgewater mall with our friends from NY. It was great to catch up and make fun of the crazy Christmas shoppers.

On the way home, Meg and I had a moment where we just looked at one another. We both smiled and I put my hand on her belly. As we approached New Hope, she moved my hand to the left. She asked if I felt him. I said, "No," but a few seconds later, I did!

Imagine someone making a fist and lightly pounding on your thigh in two quick "knocks." Amazing!!!

Last, but not least...here are Meg's 19 week photos...Our baby is the size of a large heirloom tomato! (funny story...I originally bought beefsteak tomatoes thinking they were the same thing...clearly I was mistaken!)


Heirloom is on the right!!



Comments

  1. Congrats on feeling the baby kick!! It's the start of many :) Wait until you can actually feel/see a full flip!! It's crazy!! It's funny you call the baby a boy. We thought from the begining that this baby was a boy. All my dreams told me otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to see/feel a flip! I'll have to videotape it! (because I'll probably freak out, lol!)

    We started calling the baby a boy because it got really annoying to say "the baby" or he/she. It just became easier BUT truthfully, we don't really care.

    We're hoping for a boy, but that's more because we still don't have any girl names!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combating gas

One Week Later...

First Visit to the Pediatrician