Skip to main content

23 days later...

It has been 23 days since I last posted and A LOT has changed. I'm not even sure where to begin...

First and foremost, I'd like to acknowledge Meg's unforgettable graduation party! Our closest friends and family traveled in an ice/snow storm to celebrate Meg's amazing feat. I couldn't have done it without their help and the help of my best friend and event planner, Trish! Thank you to everyone who helped make it a special day for Meg!

On Friday, Meg and I drove in a monsoon to get to our 27 week OB appointment.  Aside from being drenched, everything was great! We met a new doctor and found out that our appointments will now be every 2 weeks! (Scary how close we are getting...87 days!) Also at the OB, Meg finished her glucose test (she said the fruit punch tasted like Kool Aid, so not as bad as everyone hyped it up to be...just really sugary) We have to wait a week for the results, but I'm sure she will be fine...fingers crossed.

As far as Avery goes, the nurse said she was running a race. Her heartbeat was a steady and strong 148. Meg's belly measured 27 inches (exactly where she should be for 27 weeks!) She's gained about 12 lbs (total). Last week she was a rutabaga...sorry I didn't post the pictures sooner!

After the OB, we went to pick my parents up. The four of us drove down to Philadelphia for Meg's graduation. There, we met up with Meg's parents. Meg graduated Magna Cum Laude from Temple University! We are all so proud of her!

Following the ceremony, we all went to White Dog Cafe. What was supposed to be a nice late lunch turned into a 3 hour event! (Service was a tad slow, but we all had a great time!)

Yesterday, Trish started (and finished) painting the mural in the nursery. It looks amazing, but you can see for yourself! (Don't let the 30 second video fool you...she worked for almost 8.5 hours!)

While she was working, we ordered the crib and glider/ottoman. We also finished our registry (finally). We picked out a dresser/changing table only to find out that it was more ivory than, the search continues.


Popular posts from this blog

Our terrifying 20 week anatomy scan

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Tuesday. Meg was actually 21 weeks. We told the ultrasound technician that we didn’t want to know the sex. The baby wasn’t cooperating, but we watched as she took pictures of the brain, spine, heart, etc. Everything looked good...or so we thought.
After the ultrasound we went into a different room for our appointment. The nurse practitioner checked the baby’s heartbeat (165) and asked Meg how she was feeling. 
Megan told her that she’s still feeling nauseous and is still taking diclegis at night.
All of the sudden the nurse practitioner nonchalantly handed me a paper and said “the ultrasound technician found a nodule on the baby’s neck. The doctor wants you to call this number and schedule an appointment with a perinatal specialist.”
On the back of the paper it had information about maternal screening and Down syndrome. I asked the nurse practitioner if they thought the baby had Down syndrome and she said it was just a sheet of paper with hospital phone …

Our Announcement

Many people have known about the baby since the beginning. Today we made the pregnancy Facebook official...

10 weeks

Today we had our last appointment at RMA. It was bittersweet. We were able to spend some much needed time with Doctor Castlebaum. I know I have said it before, but he's seriously fantastic! 
The baby was moving all over the place. It was all amazing! 

We left something for them to remember us...

We will miss them dearly!